What is TRU?
The Tobacco Resistance Unit is a movement throughout all of Pennsylvania to help youth, ages 12 to 18, stay tobacco- and nicotine- free. It’s time that young Pennsylvanians get serious about exposing BIG TOBACCO and its marketing lies. TRU aims to prevent and stop youth tobacco use through education. A statewide movement, TRU is managed by the Pennsylvania Alliance to Control Tobacco (PACT) and the American Lung Association in Pennsylvania.
TRU Vision: for all Pennsylvania youth to be tobacco- and nicotine-free.
TRU Mission: to protect Pennsylvania’s youth from all tobacco and nicotine products, through community outreach, education, prevention and cessation.
Who should join TRU?
All youth between the ages of 12-18 who want to see a totally tobacco-free Pennsylvania!
How will you benefit from joining TRU?
- Meet youth from around the state
- Help create a statewide movement that will change the way youth think about tobacco
- Volunteering will benefit you personally and professionally
- Attain and develop leadership skills you’ll use now and at college
- Connect with youth who have similar interests and ambitions
- Learn to develop and utilize your talents and the talents of others
- Cultivate a positive, purposeful identity
- Play an important role in keeping Pennsylvania tobacco- and nicotine-free
Wanted – TRU Adult Advisers!
We’re also looking for teachers, counselors, parents, and community leaders who are passionate about keeping our youth tobacco-free. Interested in becoming a TRU adviser? Contact Tiffany Babinsack for more information.
Where can I get more information?
- If you’re interested in becoming an adult adviser, please contact Tiffany Babinsack.
- For more information on becoming a TRU youth advocate, please contact Molly Anthony.
- You can also learn more on the TRU Website, the TRU Facebook page, and on Twitter!